Welcome to my no 2 blog

My main blog is Susie Vereker - writer. It's about books I've read, films, gardens esp mine, travel and the English countryside, that sort of thing.
Do leave your comments there.






Thursday 26 March 2009

More reviews Paris Imperfect

Many thanks to Edinburgh book-blogger Cornflower for her review -
"Here's a novel that's a lovely bright and breezy read. Clio, the main character of Susie Vereker's Paris Imperfect is described by someone as having 'bounce', and that quality typifies both her and the book.
Clio .... is anxious to create a secure future with her French lover, Philippe, chiefly for the sake of her young son, Alex. But Philippe is endlessly critical and demanding, his family difficult, and Clio's not as smitten as she thought she was. Enter Joe, "large and classic and lived in", just the thoroughly nice type to sweep the susceptible Clio off her feet, except that she does what she thinks is the right thing and resists temptation. What happens then I can't reveal, but it all adds up to a feel-good love story, the sort of book you sink back into like a comfy cushion whenever you pick it up. Susie's portrait of Paris and the Parisians is a recognisable one, and she clearly knows the city well; add that to her good mix of characters and her sure way with the story and you have a book which is light and crisp and very enjoyable."
Many thanks too to Ex Libris blogger in the US. She found Paris Imperfect "an entertaining romance that has realistic characters with whom readers can relate." She added "While reading I found myself becoming irritated with Clio and her tendency to procrastinate. Then I realized that if it were me, I would probably react the same way."